Monday, February 2, 2015

Snow experiment

Have you asked yourself this question: "What do I do with my kids while stuck inside with all that snow coming down around us?"

Here is one thing we've done.  A snow experiment.  Katie was so excited to be "playing" with the snow in the house.

I (mom) scooped up some snow from near our front door to fill a container. Once I came back in, Katie and I had the following conversation:
Mom: "What do you think is going to happen to the snow Katie?"
Katie: "Its going to melt."
Mom: What is it going to turn into when it melts?"
Katie: "A car."
Mom: "Ok.  Let's see what happens."


After a few hours we checked on the snow to see what was happening.

"It's shrinking!"

After nap time we checked the snow again.

"It turned into water mommy!"

Katie thought it was so neat that the snow turned into water.  She then asked, "Can I drink it mommy?"  Well, why not.


When asked what she thought of it, Katie said, "It's good, but it's COLD."
(yes, we stayed in PJs for the whole day)
What activities are you doing to keep the kiddos entertained during our multiple snow storms?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment