Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Beads on a String

Here is a fun activity that I thought Katie would be too young for. My thoughts were, "She's even 2 yet. She won't be able to string beads." Well, I was wrong.

One day she saw the fun bucket in her closet, so I got it down and showed her theses beads (from friends at chruch-THANK YOU). She had fun playing with the on her fingers and I thought why not give her some string. I found ribbon and twine around the house, then showed her how to string the beads. Next thing I know she can do it! Now, believe me, she is not GREAT at it yet. She does enjoy trying and I even get to help sometimes.



***Safety note: do not leave your child alone with string.  Katie likes to think its a necklace...wrapping it around her neck. I have to constantly remind her the proper way to play with the beads and string. 

1 comment: