Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Macaroni Play Time

Sensory play.  I've heard of it, but never really understood it.  Sensory: the senses...sounds, textures, even taste (at this age especially).  Ok, I get that.  I'm not an expert, but here is the fun that I've with Katie during our sensory play time.  The idea came from Pinterest.  I'm happy to say that I've actually put a pin into use!

Mostly I've posted photos, so you can get the idea.  I put two 16oz boxes of macaroni into a tub.  Then added a measuring cup, stacking cups, and a bucket for Katie to play with.


The first time we tried this activity, I used a silver tub.  It was a bit too deep.  Katie had a hard time reaching the pasta.  When we did the activity again, I switched to large pink bowl.  This worked much better!  Katie could reach the pasta and really enjoyed playing with it.


Katie struggled to scoop up the macaroni, but enjoyed it just the same. She liked feeling the pasta on her fingers and hearing it "crash" on the other pieces of pasta.  It was so fun to watch that even Charley wanted to join in the fun.

1 comment: