Monday, January 28, 2013

Katie's First Birthday!


A year has gone by...really?  I'll dwell on that in a later post.  This post is all about Katie's first birthday.  We had a Winnie the Pooh themed party on her actually birthday, January 19th. After searching the web (via Pinterest) for ideas.  Though part of me wanted to go all out I knew that since its Katie's first birthday & she wouldn't remember it anyway I decided I could keep the going all out stuff for when she was older.  One thing I did have fun making was the Happy Birthday banner, keeping it generic so I can use it again.  My circle cutters are awesome!  Now for the details on the party:

Some of the food had fun Pooh themed tags like:
Roo chips & Kanga's Mango Salsa, Rabbit's Garden, and Piglets in a Blanket (morbid, sorry)
 
 People may have been cramped, but all appeared to be having a good time.


 Katie enjoyed her Honey Bee Cupcakes.
Who wouldn't, chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting, plus they were super cute!
Special thanks to Auntie Amy and Grammy for baking & decorating them.


The party favors were Tigger tails (morbid, but tastey).

*Lots of inspiration for Katie's Pooh Party came from this website: Winne The Pooh Party with Pinterest helping me find ideas

2 comments:

  1. loved all these cute little touches. the piglets in a blanket are hysterical..haha poor piglet
    love you!

    ReplyDelete