Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mommy Group

I've been enjoying my days of taking care of Katie.  Though this isn't like any other job I've had before, I truly love the job I have now.  Being a stay at home mom isn't easy, but it is fun!  I get to spend all day with my little girl and make new friends.  Now, its not like this is just a play all day kind of job, but there is a lot of play in my day.
For example, yesterday was a full day.  We only had one thing on the schedule: mommy group.  I went to mommy group at 10am (of course I got there at 10:10, but whatever).  Then we went to lunch afterwards.  It was great to get out with other moms and hear their stories, plus share my own.  I wasn't sure if I'd really enjoy the mommy group.  I've gotten lots of advice and answers to questions I didn't even know I had.  The ladies are all really nice and everyone has the same goal in mind: keeping our babies healthy and safe.  After lunch, I wanted to get some groceries, so we went to Stop & Shop.  This was a FULL day for me.  I got home at 3pm.  It was definitely a napping afternoon.  Luckily Katie helped me get the rest I needed.  Then it was hang out with Brian in the evening when he was done working.  Going to bed at 9pm was exactly what I needed!

Now, not every day is this busy.  I don't think I could survive.  Exhausted as I was at the end of the day, I truly enjoyed it.  I knew I'd love being a mom & as I adjust to this new life, I am truly loving every minute.

Now for some pictures of my little one :)
She loves this piano gym!  Its her favorite place to play.

Katie has truly started to smile.  Its been so rewarding seeing this precious smile.

Charley & Katie are already great friends.  Charley fell asleep after I took this.  How adorable are these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment